Hey peeps, this post probably won't be posted until about the 11th of January, due to the inability to log on to blogspot in China (the last time I tried anyway).
2009 has been a great year for me. My last semester at the University of Iowa was pretty good. Spend Chinese New Year at Ames with a lot of new faces, and got to know them a lot more. Spring break was definitely one of the most memorable times last year. 15 people from Ames came down to Iowa City and stayed over at my tiny little apartment. After that week, I made quite a lot of frequent trips up to Ames. Last summer was the first summer I didn't head home to Malaysia. I had a few weeks off, and then took a 2 month summer course in Organic Chemistry I. During breaks I went to a couple of fun places, Minneapolis for 4th of July and Chicago. Fall 2009 was spent in Iowa State University, with new people and a new major. And what's a better way to wrap up the year than to head home and spend a few days with the people in Malaysia? :)
One of the biggest decisions in my life was also made during this year.
During April, I decided (after much hesitation and consideration), to transfer schools from University of Iowa to Iowa State University. It was partially due to the change of major or field of study. Decision well made. It was mainly due to a job that I had that had to do with biomedical engineeringàbioinformaticsàcomputersàprogramming languageàllama??? Yea, I'm not too good in this area of study, and I came to a realization that I did NOT like research. So… might as well get out of it while I can. I wanted to study IE at the current university, to save credits and ease of transfer, but….. I really liked Iowa State. This option has never crossed my mind. But I talked to my conscience(s) aka Eric Mou and Miss Tee and came to the conclusion: that I would like it better there. And so I did. I did listen to my heart too. And the past semester was the most fun I had since I got to college.
And what makes this year especially wonderful is of course because of the beloved, who is wonderful, amazing, and the list goes on…
Malaysia was amazing, as usual, but this time around it was especially special.
Happy 2010! My new year's eve wasn't spectacular, but it was well spent. :) The best friend picked me up to collect my visa in the morning and we hung out for the whole day. I'm still a little disappointed that she headed to Japan as soon as I arrived Malaysia, but I didn't let her know in advance so… Dinner was at the bf's, with his family. Then the bf and I went to HengLi's place. Pokered for a while and then a group of us headed to a nearby hill for the countdown/fireworks. The fireworks weren't spectacular, but that's not what matters. I was super happy to be able to countdown to 2010 with friends, especially Seu. After that we headed to a nearby mamak store, but I wasn't feeling too good.
SO…. RESOLUTIONS? I make them, but I never really achieve them. Maybe I will this year. We'll see.
I can't wait for this year! I've got a feeling …(woohoo)… That's it's gonna be a GOOD GOOD YEAR. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment