Life?
Not a lot of people can answer this question correctly (at least I think anyway). I used to think that my boyfriend was the most important thing in the world. That he was everything to me. I was willing to sacrifice everything, and I do mean everything, just to be with him….
A series of events led to me realizing the family was the most important thing to me. That even if the whole world turns against you, they’ll always be by your side. This realization led me to my current job in my current location, where I could be closer to family.
More events then led to my realization of happiness. Genuine, pure, innocent. Just being who you are in the arms of someone who cares for you more than themselves. I am, very happy. It doesn’t matter what he does, if he has a sucky job, if he’s not the perfect guy that you envisioned him to be. As long as you are happy together.
It took me a very long time to realize that you shouldn’t let other people control your feelings. Yes, I was like that (still a little bit). I cared too much about what other people thought about me, whether it was true or not. And if it wasn’t, it would bother me so much since I was accused for something I did-not do. This is a hard fact for me to accept, but haters hate, people talk, and there’s nothing you can do about it. I’m still upset about things people said that were not my intentions at all, but you can’t control things people say. It’s part of the culture I suppose. ACCEPT!!!! ACCEPT! *breathe….
And one thing that I learned through my two nightmare years is that ultimately… you still need to think for yourself… yes, it’s selfish, but true…never let anyone take over you. And although the special someone who told this to me probably thinks that I’m a horrible person, it changed my perspective on life and helped me get back up on my feet. Do not sacrifice your life for someone else. Do not think that someone else is more important that you. Do what you want, or you’ll regret it.
And yes, I did regret it. But no pain, no gain. Lesson learnt the hard way is a lesson well learned I suppose.
And yes, my mind wanders a little too much.
Back to being all smiles :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment