1.17.2008

starbucks..

Yea. It’s been a while since I updated my blog, but u can’t blame me. I was busy…. Hm….. not really, but I didn’t really have the time to sit down and blog. I have more of a life bk in KL, and in china.. I’m just too glued to MTV and star world. =)

My less-than-one-month vacation was nice. It’s nice to get away, or get home for a few days to visit with the people you care about most. I liked it. But something inside me wished I would hv stayed in iowa with my msian buddies, but they’ll survive. I’ll vacay with them next year. So the whole family vacation thing was okay. I don’t really like it though, but it’s nice spending some time with my family, given that victor is always out and my dad’s always working, we rarely spend time together, but the trip to Beijing and harbin did gave us some bonding time that would otherwise be rare.

Christmas wasn’t that nice. We were stuck in harbin and it was FREEZING cold. Due to the lack of warm clothing. We had KFC for dinner… FABULOUS… sure…. After the harbin trip, bk to Guangzhou. I actually like it there more. I have my own bed, my own house (my family’s), and it actually feels decently home. =) We went shopping.. and then I got sick. A whole bunch of vomiting and diarrhea-ing. It wasn’t pleasant. I remembered how long it was since I last threw up. It seems forever.

On the fourth I got on an air asia flight bk to KL. =) we had crab RIGHT after we got off the plane. Best crab in the world… I missed it a lot. I only had 10 days, so I had to make the most out of it. I spent a lot of time with my cousin, who is two months older than me and she’s the closest cousin I’ve got next to the two chipmunks bk in the states. =) She talks a lot about her bf and her, which is sweet and romantic, but I can’t help getting jealous b/c of how perfect her bf is, but nonetheless, I’ll have to settle with being single. My trip bk to KL has did me good definitely, I stopped thinking about Kevin that much, which is good b/c he made it clear that nothing was going to happen…. Cept something inside me still thinks there’s a chance… but I have set my mind to it… nothing is going to happen….. DEAL WITH IT, YUNNIE!!! Met up with juan the last day… it’s been forever since I’ve seen him b/c he’s in aussie and doesn’t come bk over the summer b/c he’s too COOL… other than that met up w/ the special ppl: vern, joyee, shan, wj, ken,justin, all the church ppl, esp eeliang and kz (yes, foos…), and there’s always eeling,joanne,jianhua. And I’m really glad I met some ppl that I don’t usually see like weijin, KL, and the rest of the gang. =) jianhua, thanks for hosting the party. =) I don’t it wasn’t planned, but I enjoyed playing rummy and cards. It’s been a while.

I’m upset that I didn’t get to watch national treasure, but I’ll check if it’s still showing when I’m bk in iowa. If it isn’t I can always watch it online I guess.

Here I am, blogging at starbucks on my laptop, trying to be cool… wahahhaahah

Anyway. I got a lot through this book I’m reading. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. It’s one of those books that make me cry, and that’s what I love about it.. I can’t put it down but I know I have to save some pages for I’ll be pretty bored when I’m in LA for 4 days or so. The good thing about it is I can go online and surf whatever/buying my books on ebay and hoping my bank account doesn’t run out of money. But I should really read more books by sparks… it’s so dreamy….. ^^if only I could be savannah and there was a john for me… ****

Oh yea. Matt told me that there’s 3 new Malaysians at Iowa, which made me really excited. =) one Indian girl, one malay guy and one Chinese guy. Cept he didn’t meet the Chinese guy yet. But later that day I got a msg from amirah on facebook saying that there’s only two… =( well.. I guess I’ll have to see when I’m bk in Iowa. URGH. The thought of moving… I’ll be moving to Stanley next semester… saje… so I’ll only have one day to move before the semester starts. I mean I could move stuff little by little but that would be a hassle coz now I don’t have a car b/c my uncle’s coming down one day before I arrive and hijacking my car for three weeks. But I agreed so I have to stick to my word. It’s not going to be easy… I <3>

I have a feeling I’m going to get jetlagged this time. I don’t usually get it, but this time when I get bk I won’t have anything to do but to SLEEP… which will make things worse. Sigh*** unless I don’t sleep on the plane and sleep all I want when I get to LA, but that’s probably not going to work b/c I feel like sleeping already.. *random**** I need to charge my iPod…

Yes, my parents just called to make sure I’m okay. I was really worried that I would make my international connection b/c they didn’t let me check my baggages directly to LA. I had to take them out at Beijing and check them in again. But it’s better this way, as I found out not so long ago. I don’t have to sit at the transfer counter FOREVER like last time. I arrived, got my bags, and checked them straight in right after. It was pretty nice I have to admit. And I got a window seat again… but this time it’s not that front, but I don’t really mind. I wouldn’t really matter b/c we’ll all have to wait for the baggage at the same time anyway. And the baggages don’t usually come b4 the people.

20 more minutes till boarding time. I’ll just charge my iPod so that I can play that one game when I’m bored, or read my book, wish I had another book with me, but I don’t.

School’s starting, and I don’t know what to expect. I should get ready for it. I kinda wanna look for a job, but with 17 hours, potentially 18 if I decide to join the choir, which I am still debating…. Hm….I have a feeling that no one’s going to hire me, as it was last semester. And I don’t wanna work at the market place, a place where I’ll probably get a job, but I don’t wanna work with food anymore. Too much…. Food.. ekkk… and I need to lose weight. Everybody said I gained weight when I was bk. Except a few ppl.. don’t know who to trust, but nonetheless, I need to lose some weight. I’m bordering overweight. Which is not good b/c so many ppl I know are bordering underweight. Lucky ppl. I used to be like that. Bk in form 3… idk how I gained so much weight but I did. Not to lose them all. I plan to go running on the treadmill/elliptical every tues and thurs morning, and do more exercises throughout the week.. we’ll see how that plays out in that I get lazy really easily..

Anyway. There’s a whole bunch of Koreans here. Reminds me of Iowa. Koreans sitting together at a table talking Korean. Anyway. I should be going. Plane boards in 10 minutes. =)

No comments: