12.19.2009

Soul mates

Do I believe in Soul mates???

It all depends on the definition given. Honestly, I'm not supposed to. I have always not believed in such sayings, they're superstitious.

But if we don't look at it too closely:

If there was someone who understood you, who knows what you're thinking, what you will be thinking, act and does things in the most similar manner? Someone who has the exact same personality and you could read them like a book, anytime, anywhere, and vice versa. Ya, some people would probably think, they're just really good friends. And yes, I agree that best friends can connect in ways that are super magical. I have a best friend from high school in Malaysia, and we knew what the other was thinking all the time. As when a situation was to occur, I can just look, just look at her and I would know what she's wanting to do and she'll know if I agree with her or not. But when I moved to the States and we got further apart, the spark was lost.

But what's the explanation for a person who you've never met. One day, you meet and you guys connect like *snap*. You both think that you're exactly like the other, your reactions, emotions, certain actions. Maybe they were brought up in the same way, but hey, what's the probability of that? According to my recent test in statistics that I took just yesterday, I would say it's low, very low. There are so many people in the world, and the chances that two people were born/raised the same way, I'd say would be low. (Or maybe not if I didn't understand statistics that well).

Other explanations? They might be of the same zodiac. Studies have shown that those with the same zodiac signs get along with each other better, and sometimes have similar personalities. And I've noticed and agree to some extent, that people with specific zodiacs have typical characteristics/personalities of their own.

Some characteristics of soul mates: Pulled this off my head b/c there AIN'T NO INTERNET CONNECTION in MSP airport!!!

-There are 3 different levels, and the highest level (level which I described) is very rare and hard to come across.

-Soul mates are hard to come by, but once they're in, they never leave


I met someone who I think, thinks and acts like me in a very similar fashion.

Of course, it's not that simple (story of my life). FML

No comments: