I was reading her blog earlier today and I remembered my 'list' of criteria for my perfect boyfriend.
I told Joe Chen last semester that I liked this guy. And he asked me
Is he dark, tall, and handsome?
I don't know where he got this from, but it is also pretty generic.
My list has always stayed about the same, with criteria(s) a lot of other girls would have on their own 'list'. Taller than myself = tall (because I think I'm not too short), not too thin (because I would look fat if he was skinny), etc. But ultimately, it had to come down to one very important factor: that he loves me that way I am. Sadly, sometimes it's hard to do. I sometimes always ask for more, ask for change in something that's not satisfactory. To myself even, I always think that 'I'm not thin enough to be compatible with him, not pretty enough, not good enough', etc.
It takes time to learn (and I'm still learning), and I'm starting to believe, that the power of love is stronger and a lot influential than what you think. Although a lot of people put appearance pretty high up in the list, a lot of other things are a lot more (and i mean a lot more) important than that.
One thing that I've found beneficial in a relationship. How two personalities can complement or compensate the others' weakness. I was in a relationship with a guy who had a very similar personality with mine. And although we liked each other, all we did was compete day and night with each other, not willing to accept defeat. It's good to have someone else who you share our life with who is there to support you, rather than go against you. I absolutely love how when I get discouraged when getting low scores, you would cheer me up and said it was okay, instead of saying 'why? u didn't study?' or 'you should have studied more'. I remember I used to get SOOOO irritate and angry. There are a lot of other small little things that you do that makes me feel like i'm super lucky to have you in my life.
this time.... it's a keeper. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment