I haven't found someone to take over my lease yet, so earlier today involved a lot of drama? I wouldn't say drama, just a lot of unnecessary tears that wouldn't have been shed if I wasn't so anxious about housing past january. >< *I hate my landlord*
It was either going to be:
a) stay in Iowa City, and cancel my contract with ames (which is still possible, for another 12 hours)
b) stay in Ames and pay the extra $375/month on top of my rent in Ames.
I came on to my blog, and read the title...
Follow your heart. My heart is telling my Ames, and as usual, my mind is telling me Iowa City, for the money factor. And deep down, I've got a feeling (which is a really popular song right now), that the two years that I'm going to spend in Ames are going to be good times.
So.. the verdict: Move to Ames and SCREW the landlord one side.
Some comments to make me feel better:
-->money can always be earned. I could win the lottery, I could work double jobs, etc.
-->happiness is something money can't buy. As long as I'm happy, I'm happy (in progress)
-->it's safer to live in Ames b/c I won't drive up every two weeks to see the beloveds...
muahahaha...
i'm heading home tmr so the pictures are coming. =D
No comments:
Post a Comment